New Hampshire Poetry Out Loud 2012-2013 Guidelines to remember:
· New Hampshire Poetry Out Loud 2012-2013 is a free program, open to all public, private and home-schooled high school students in New Hampshire.
· The National Endowment for the Arts' guidelines require multi-classroom participation in individual school competitions. A minimum of 2 classes in grades 9-12 is required.
· Students must choose poems from the National Endowment for the Arts’ Poetry Out Loud website. www.poetryoutloud.org
· Each school must have at least one contact person to coordinate that school's competition. The contact person must be a school employee.
This year, we are strongly suggesting that schools designate 2 teachers to supervise the program. Each school is required to send a representative to a half day or evening professional development orientation.
· In addition to the competing student, at least one adult representative of the school must attend the regional semi-finals competition and, if applicable, the state-wide final competition.
· Home school applicants: please contact the POL Co-Coordinator (see below) for specific information.
· Access Needs: If a student has a disability and requires accommodation to fully participate in semi-final events, please indicate accommodations required prior to February 20, 2013.
Information, Support : Call/email Cynthia Robinson, NH POL Co-Coordinator, 253-7967, email@example.com