With 31 schools now registered and our orientation and planning sessions scheduled, the new year for Poetry Out Loud is definitely underway!
Below, for your reference, some key dates to be aware of:
ORIENTATION SESSIONS: Required for all participating schools. Choose ONE:
- October 2, 2013, 1-4 pm, Holderness School
- October 11, 2013, 1-4 pm, PSU Graduate Studies, 2 Pillsbury St. Concord
- October 16, 2013, 5:30-8:30pm, Portsmouth Public Library, Hilton Garden Room
RSVP by Sept. 22nd, to Jenn Andrews: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November 1, 2013: Registration Deadline
- October, 2013 - February, 2014: NH POL 2013-2014 curriculum & competitions.
- February 16: Celebration and Clinic for all student champions and alternates (site TBD)
- February 21: Deadline for completing School Championships.
- February 24: Deadline for submitting school champion/alternates’ information.
- March 3-11: Regional Semi-Finals (specific dates/sites TBD).
- March 14: NH State Finals Championship, Concord, NH (snow date March 16)
- April 29-30: National Championship in Washington, DC.
More details about the program, plus many valuable resources may be found at the national Poetry Out Loud website at: www.poetryoutloud.org